What is addition?
Taking two or more numbers and adding them together, or the total sum of two or more numbers is addition.
How to teach addition to kids?
It is important for children to understand how adding two quantities It gives a larger group.
- Ask children to add using real-life objects such as pens, pencils, chocolates, and marbles.
- To teach children addition, use math manipulatives such as colour counters, abacus, flats, rods, and bricks.
- To explain how the technique works with bigger numbers, use flats, rods, and blocks.
- Children’s pocket money is based on this. Instruct children to keep a record of their spending. You can request the remaining funds at the end of the month.
- You can ask children 5 rapid-fire questions about adding in a pop quiz.
- More practice makes more learning. For more additional practice, give more Addition Worksheets. Worksheets play a very important role in additional practice.
In this section, you can find very creative Addition Worksheets for Grade 1. To download Addition Worksheets for Grade 1 please click on the download link.